Implementing Cisco IP Switched Networks v2.0 (SWITCH)
Who should attend
The primary audience for this course is as follows:
A network professional who will need to correctly implement switch-based solutions given a network design using Cisco IOS services and features. The typical job roles for this type of professional are network engineers, network operations center (NOC) technical support personnel, or help desk technicians.
The secondary audience for this course is as follows:
Any individual involved in network operations and support
This course is part of the following Certifications:
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the hierarchical campus structure, basic switch operation, use of SDM templates, PoE, and LLDP
- Implement VLANs and trunks, explain VTP, implement DHCP in IPv4 and IPv6 environments, and configure port aggregation
- Implement and optimize the STP mechanism that best suits your network: PVST+, Rapid PVST+, or MST
- Configure routing on a multilayer switch
- Configure NTP, SNMP, IP SLA, and port mirroring, and verify StackWise and VSS operation
- Implement first-hop redundancy in IPv4 and IPv6 environments
- Secure the campus network according to recommended practices
Follow On Courses
Implementing Cisco Switched Networks (SWITCH) v2.0 is a five-day instructor-led training course, designed to help students prepare to plan, configure, and verify the implementation of complex enterprise switching solutions for campus environments using the Cisco Enterprise Campus Architecture. These skills are validated in the Cisco CCNP Routing and Switching certification, a professional-level certification specializing in the routing and switching field.
This course is a component of the Cisco CCNP Routing and Switching curriculum. This course is designed to give students a firm understanding of how to manage switches in an enterprise campus environment. This training class reinforces the instruction by providing students with hands-on labs.
|Moscow This is an Russian language FLEX course. Time zone: Europe/Moscow US$ 1,200.-|
|St. Petersburg This is an Russian language FLEX course. Time zone: Europe/Moscow US$ 1,200.-|