Security in the DC: Architectures, TrustSec and ACI (SDCSE)
Who should attend
The primary audience for this workshop is the SE or technical sales professional working mid-market and enterprise accounts.
Following completion of this course, students will:
- Be able to explain the various solutions that make up Cisco Secure Data Center and how they can help customers evolve their Data Center and solve critical issues.
- Understand how each of these solutions work, with particular focus on ASA (5585x, ASAv), Firepower and NGFW, Trustsec Integration, and how they will provide the levels of security required in the modern day Data Center.
Security can no longer be an afterthought in any part of the network, as attacks become more sophisticated and targeted; the Data Center is more and more becoming a target for many attacks. Data Center administrators face a significant challenge: They need to secure the Data Center without compromising the performance and functionality that new Data Center environments enable. Many are looking to secure the Data Center using solutions designed for the Internet edge, but these solutions are not enough. The Data Center has unique requirements around provisioning, performance, virtualization, applications, and traffic that Internet-edge security devices are simply not designed to address.
Securing the Data Center requires a solution that can:
- Provide visibility and control over custom Data Center applications
- Handle asymmetric traffic flows and application transactions between devices and Data Center’s
- Adapt as Data Center’s evolve: to virtualization, software-defined networking (SDN), network functions virtualization (NFV), Cisco Application-Centric Infrastructures (ACIs) and beyond
- Address the entire attack continuum: before, during, and after an attack
- Integrate with security deployed across the entire network
- Uses software-defined segmentation to simplify and accelerate security operations, and consistently enforce policy in the network (Cisco TrustSec)
- Support geographically dispersed inter-DC traffic and deployments, including private, public and cloud environments. Architecture changes this, providing an architectural approach to Data Center security.
This course focuses on providing Cisco Partner SEs with a good technical overview of the solutions that are used to Secure a public or private Data Center.
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Enquire a date