Implementing Cisco Collaboration Applications (CAPPS)
Who should attend
The primary target audiences for the course are:
- Network administrators and network engineers
- CCNP Collaboration candidates
Secondary audiences are:
- Systems engineers
- Working knowledge of fundamental terms and concepts of computer networking, including LANs, WANs, switching and routing
- Ability to configure and operate Cisco routers and switches and to enable VLANs and DHCP
- Basics of digital interfaces, PSTN, and VoIP
- Fundamental knowledge of converged voice and data networks and Cisco Unified Communications Manager deployments
- Implement Cisco Unity Connection in a Cisco Unified Communications Manager deployment
- Describe how to implement Cisco Unity Express in a Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express deployment
- Implement Cisco Unified IM and Presence and Cisco Jabber Desktop and Mobile using BYOD
- Integrate Cisco VCS and Cisco TMS into a Cisco collaboration deployment
Follow On Courses
CAPPS v1.0 provides the learner the comprehensive training needed to integrate Cisco Unity Connection, Cisco Unity Express, Cisco Unified IM and Presence, and video into a successful collaboration deployment. It outlines voice messaging deployment scenarios, Cisco Unified Presence features, and troubleshooting mechanisms as well as Cisco Unified IM and Presence and Cisco Jabber integration within Cisco Unified Communications Manager.
CAPPS labs help the learners to successfully integrate Cisco Unity Connection, Unity Express, IM and Presence features with Cisco Unified Communications Manager. Labs also cover the configuration of Cisco Unity Connection users, system settings, Cisco Unified Messaging, Unified Communications IM and Presence with Cisco Jabber.
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course.