Monitoring with Prometheus (MP)
The Monitoring with Prometheus training accelerates your understanding of Prometheus and provides a practical instruction on how to implement Prometheus on Kubernetes. The class covers key monitoring concepts, presents important metrics including the 4 golden signals, and shows how to implement alerting rules. The course is directed towards developers and system administrators with basic knowledge of Linux operating systems and command-line tools.
Participants should have a basic knowledge of Linux operating system, command-line tools, containers and a PC with modern browsers and a fast Internet connection.
- Getting started with Prometheus
- Pull model monitoring
- The Prometheus server
- Metrics exporters
- Service discovery mechanisms
- Using the expression browser
- Start the node exporter
- Configure Prometheus to monitor the node exporter
- Use prometheus-operator
- Monitor kubernetes components and etcd
- Learn the expression language
- Instrument code and run example-app based on Go or Python
- Run Grafana dashboard
- Write example-app alert
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course.