Red Hat OpenStack Administration III: Distributed Architecture and Scaling For Edge Computing with Exam (EX310) (CL311)
Red Hat OpenStack Administration III: Networking & Foundations of NFV with exam (CL311) teaches network engineers, network operators, cloud operators, and cloud administrators how to manage and tune Red Hat® OpenStack Platform for network performance.
This course includes !RH-EX310. This offering is based on Red Hat OpenStack version 10.0 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.4.
Who should attend
This course is designed for network engineers, network operators, cloud administrators, and cloud operators.
This course is part of the following Certifications:
- Become a Red Hat® Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), or demonstrate equivalent experience
- Complete the Red Hat Certified Specialist in Cloud Infrastructure Exam (EX210), or demonstrate equivalent experience
Impact on the organization
This course is intended to develop the skills needed to design and configure OpenStack for high-performance networking environments. These skills are suitable for organizations seeking to virtualize their network infrastructure and to provide rapid implementation, innovation, and scaling for both core networking and end-to-end consumer services.
Network virtualization eliminates capital expenditures for dedicated, limited-capability hardware requiring labor-intensive maintenance, operating procedures, and physical expansion. Instead, network virtualization provides scalable, automated, resilient core and custom service deployment, resulting in significant operational efficiencies, resource pooling, global service provider interoperability, and accurate demand-matched utilization.
This course includes recommended practices for high-performance throughput and utilization for both infrastructure resources and deployed services in a dynamically scalable and distributable modular configuration.
Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
Impact on the individual
As a result of attending this course, you should be able to design and tune a Red Hat® OpenStack Platform environment meeting the high-network performance requirements of your organization.
You should be able to demonstrate these skills:
- Design and implement high-performing software-defined networks.
- Provide higher-performing networks using enhanced platform awareness (EPA), Open vSwitch Data Plane Development Kit (OVS-DPDK), and network functions virtualization (NFV).
You will learn how to manage the OpenStack networking service (Neutron) with network functions virtualization to enhance network performance. You configure distributed virtual routers, Open vSwitch with Data Plane Development Kit datapath, and IPv6 networking in OpenStack. You will also deploy software-defined networking with OpenDaylight.
Course content summary
- Network functions virtualization (NFV)
- Distributed virtual router (DVR)
- Open vSwitch with Data Plane Development Kit (OVS-DPDK) datapath
- IPv6 networking
- Single-root I/O Virtualization (SR-IOV)*
- Software-defined networking (SDN) with OpenDaylight (ODL)
- VLAN, VXLAN, and GRE networks
*SR-IOV is covered in the course as a lecture and a video. The specification is not covered as a hands-on exercise because it requires special hardware.
Duration 5 days
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course.