Learn to plan, create, maintain, and support your Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Service deployment using Amazon Web Services-based resource locations. Gain the skills needed to prepare your AWS environment for resource location virtual machines, and provision VDAs in AWS using Machine Creation Services in Citrix Cloud.
In this course, you will learn how to provide remote access to AWS-based published resources using Citrix Workspace, Citrix StoreFront, and Citrix Gateway. The remote access learning content is applicable to Citrix Cloud and Citrix on-premises deployments.
You will also learn valuable leading practices for maintaining and managing your Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Service deployment, including deployments integrated with AWS, such as power management and the use of Autoscale. Together with the hands-on lab exercises, this course gives you the opportunity to create a successful Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Service deployment on AWS.
Who should attend
Built for experienced IT Professionals familiar with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 in an on-premises environment. Potential students include administrators, engineers, and architects designing or deploying Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops workloads on Amazon Web Services.
Experience deploying and managing Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 in on-premises environment.
Basic knowledge of the Amazon Web Services platform including:
- Virtual Machines
- Prepare the AWS environment for secure integration with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Service
- Deploy and manage Virtual Delivery Agent machines in AWS using Machine Creation Services
- Integrate Citrix Cloud and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops with AWS Active Directory Service
- Design Machine Catalogs and virtual machines on AWS
- Provide remote access with Citrix Workspace, Citrix StoreFront, and Citrix Gateway on AWS
Module 1 Deployment models and migration paths
- CVAD Service on AWS and Cloud Computing
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Service on AWS Deployment Options
- Supported migration paths to a CVAD Service on AWS deployment
Module 2 Components, Products and Services required for a CVAD Service on AWS
- AWS products, components, and services
- Citrix components, products, and services
- Active Directory requirements and options
- Integration between CVAD Service and AWS Resource Locations
- Management consoles
- Control billing costs within an AWS Resource Location
Module 3 Creating Resource Locations on AWS
- Set up a resource location in AWS
- Install Cloud Connectors
- Creating a Master image on AWS for use with MCS
Module 4 Connecting CVAD Service to AWS and MCS Provisioning
- Host Connections: Connecting CVAD Service to AWS Cloud
- Provisioning VMs in AWS using MCS
Module 5 Providing Access to End Users
- Workspace and StoreFront in CVAD Service Deployments
- Gateway Service vs Gateway on-premise
- Connectivity options for multi-location deployments
Module 6 Maintaining a CVAD Service on AWS Deployment
- Infrastructure maintenance requirements for Citrix Cloud and with AWS as a Best practices for maintaining AWS-based resource locations
- Power management options for VDAs in AWS-based resource locations
Module 7 Supporting your Deployment
- Citrix Self-Help Support Offerings
- Common deployment problem resolution examples